Approved Cleaning Ingredients
Newland recommends using an approved pre-moistened disinfecting wipe or a cleaning solution applied to a clean cloth. The active ingredients in your cleaner of choice must consist of one or some combination of the following:
- Isopropyl Alcohol (70% or above)
- Bleach/sodium hypochlorite (8.25% solution)*
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Ammonium Chloride
- Mild dish soap
Ingredients known to damage the plastics on the de-vice include but are not limited to: acetone; ketones; ethers; aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons; aqueous or alcoholic alkaline solutions; ethanola-mine; toluene; trichloroethylene; benzene; carbolic acid and TB-lysoform.
Recommended Cleaning Materials
- Alcohol wipes
- A soft clean / sterile cloth to which to apply the cleaning liquid
- Cleaning ingredients of choice
- Cotton-tipped applicators
- Can of compressed air
- Lens tissue
General Cleaning Instructions
Avoid applying liquid directly onto the device. Instead, dampen a soft clean or sterile cloth or use premoistoned wipes. Gently wipe the unit and be careful not to let liquid pool around the display window or other crevices. Allow the unit to air dry before use.
The frequency at which to clean Newland devices is at the customers discretion. It should be based on the environment and operation the device is used in. The device may be cleaned as frequently as required. Regular cleaning is recommended to avoid build up of dirt that makes the device more difficult to clean later on. For optimum image capture, it is recommended to clean the camera window periodically.
* When using sodium hypochlorite (bleach) based products, carefully follow the manufacturer’s rec-ommended instructions, amongst which the use of gloves and the removal of residue afterwards with a damp alcohol cloth or cotton swab. Newland recommends avoiding exposure of this chemical to metal surfaces, to prevent oxidization. If the disinfectant does come in contact with a metal surface, it should be immediately removed with an alcohol-dampened cloth or cotton swab.