Junior Technical Support EMEA
Location: Monza, Italy
We are an international team of genuine and talented people with a common mission to shake up the AIDC market and make sure the right tech is easily accessible for businesses of all shapes and sizes. As our Junior Technical Support, you’ll work from our Milan office, but be involved with EMEA-wide business.
You will work closely with the Italian team, as well as EMEA Product, Sales & Tech teams.
What will you do?
- Provide world-class written/spoken Technical Support to our customers, partners and colleagues on our range of Auto ID Products ( Handheld barcode scanners, Micro Kiosks, OEM engines and Rugged Mobile Computers)
- Support in particular our range of Android and Windows 10 rugged Mobile Computers and Tablets, typically connected via Wifi and 4G.
- Be a consistent reference for any technical issues concerning all the Newland products that may arise. Take ownership of issues and provide partners and customers with fast and high quality solutions.
- Lend a helping hand both from the Milan office and on location. Customer interactions will mainly be by phone, email and remote collaboration tools, but will also require some on-site visits.
- Be both a strong team member and able to work proactively on your own.
- Be well organised, flexible and use your strong communication skills.
- Provide training to colleagues, partners and customers.
- Escalate any design or other issues and bugs to the central R&D team.
- 2+ years in B2B technical support in a related technology industry (Auto ID, IT/Computing, POS, Android world)
- Education: a diploma/degree in a technical subject (e.g. IT, computing, networking, electronics, etc)
- Languages: Italian and English mandatory. Additional other languages more than welcome but not necessary.
- Technical knowledge of of Newland or similar products is an advantage.
- An understanding of wireless networking/(rugged) mobile devices and their operating systems (Windows CE, Android, etc.) and interfacing mobile computers to legacy customer installed systems.
- Passionate about technology and work in a multi cultural environment.
- Ability to learn about new products quickly
- Strong will to become the focal point for customers as a technical counterpart.
- Good interpersonal abilities, creativity and flexibility, open minded.
- Willing and able to travel on occasion.
- Able to work in an exciting and fast growing company in a complex mature market.
- Team player that is able to create a strong technical community outside the company.